Monday 8 May 2017

Nayu's Craft Time #247 Where did the week go?

I truly had planned to blog earlier than this, but that didn't happen. My pain clinic appointment was fine, I got what I need (more of my mega strong meds). There was a bit of a stressful incident that day which I'm not going into here. It may explain (along with the exhaustion from my Norfolk trip the previous week) why I didn't blog the Wednesday, then the Thursday I had my mega strong meds so have been in Lala Land until today. 

I've mostly been lying down the past week as it's the easiest way to get through the symptoms I have. I've caught up with TV, done a lot of gaming - although it must be noted it's my tablet gaming, rather than any consoles. This is because most tablet gaming takes place on one screen, and the visual transition between menus and games is less frequent and it doesn't zoom in and out. I'm probably explaining this poorly, but on Animal Crossing New Leaf on my 3DS, the screen transition isn't agreeable with when I'm in Lala Land. It makes me feel weirder. 

These games are a cute style!
Yesterday I gamed a little on my 3DS and today I'll be back on ACNL to see what my townfolk have been up to. My tablet games are mostly cooking and farming related: in the name of time saving I won't post pictures from my game, but here 2 main ones I'm enjoying in case you want to try them. Bakery Story 2 and Restaurant Story 2 are both Storm 8 games which are free to play and are not that tricky to level up in. 

Bakery Story 2 means you can have your own bakery. You start off small but it's not long until you can create fresh mocha coffee & lemon & honey tea. There's pastries to perfect, muffins and cookies to bake, kiwi and pineapple plants to grow so you can make exotic fruit bakes (as well as regular fruit bakes. 

Restaurant Story 2 is similar to Bakery Story 2, only you are serving more savoury dishes than sweet ones. In both games I love the aspect of making your bakery/restaurant exactly as you want, from walls to floor, which tables and counters you use, and decorations too. They are time related games, so you have to wait for ingredients to become available and for recipes to be cooked, but you can do it at your own pace. 

Both games do have in-app purchases, but I'm a free to play player and while it can sometimes be frustrating having to wait so long before cream is available from the butcher, the upgrades (increasing stock available to me and how much I can store in my pantry) are worth the wait. To get upgrades you have to have so much of a certain building item which take time to appear but do appear eventually. You can visit other players' restaurants for ideas (you can't quite do the same in Bakery Story 2 but it is a coming soon feature)
 I've yet to find a craft game like this simulation games, so if you know any please let me know! I hope to do a bit of craft this week when I'm up for it. 
In the next post I'll explain why my cute cat is being a bit of a madam (for those following me on Twitter she is all better now)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think of my ideas, creation, and ramblings!