Friday 30 June 2017

Nayu's Craft Time #257 Pigeons and Catflaps

Happy Friday! I hope the day is going well for you. This morning I've caught up with the most urgent emails catch up, this afternoon will be the usual resting activities. 

As you can see from the title today I'm thinking about this often plump feathered friends, found in both the city and the countryside. They take residence in our garden with it's plentiful food supply that's making them healthy. As a bird lover I find them entertaining, especially when they waddle along the fence. 
Not my cat or catflap, but looks a bit like Belle!
Some of you regular readers may recall I've had issues with other cats coming in the house. One of those got returned to his home (yay!). As for the other one, my family have met the owners so we know what she is called, and rarely see her these days. So imagine my surprise when I thought I heard the cat flap go while my cat Belle was on my bed. I went down shortly after she raced downstairs (definitely at a slower pace). I saw nothing, but as soon as I went outside there was one plump pigeon walking away from the door and back up the drive. 
It wasn't me!
I've never seen pigeons that close to the house! So it's understandable I think the pigeon has come in the cat flap. My family explained pigeons can't use a cat flap, and I guess it logically makes sense because if indeed they could then that pigeon would have created chaos in the kitchen, and not calmly walked back out. 

However, the thought of a pigeon popping in to say hello then popping out again without a fight with my cat is amusing, so I'll stick with my version of events!
Picture source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think of my ideas, creation, and ramblings!