Sunday 25 March 2018

Nayu's Project Progress #35 Chocolate themed blankets




I wonder how many of you will have some chocolate by the end of this post!
 It's been far too long since I've done one of these (no I'm not telling you how many months...) but I want to share what I've been up to lately. I've been doing a bit of craft, some on a blanket which I'll show in another post that's already for someone, but the blankets featured in this post will be for sale soon (start of April for the finished one) when I reopen my shop (it needs a bit of tweaking after my mega meds which I'm currently recovering from)
Here's a peek at what one looks like, with cream and two shades of brown.
Most people like chocolate, and it's all I've been thinking of while making these blankets - the yarn looks like all three types - white, milk, and dark chocolate! 
Here it is!
 I love making what are often called 'granny' squares and putting them together using a seamless method called 'join as you go'. They are easy, require no pattern, and it's fun watching the blanket grow over time. 
I thought you might like a comparison picture for the chocolate ^u^ I wanted a smaller blanket, so I started another using the same colours but this time in a different pattern. 
Now this one looks more like those chocolate buttons...
Going round and round has it's own charm, just like 'granny' squares (or medalians as some call them). Both are relaxing in their own way. I didn't sew in the ends of the previous blanket until the end, when I had loads to do. This time I'm doing the sewing in every 4 rows, so I get a bit of rhythm with the crochet, not stop-start at every row. 
I hope this inspires you to get creative - it doesn't have to be with yarn, it can be sewing, colouring in, gardening - whatever you love have fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think of my ideas, creation, and ramblings!