Tuesday 19 September 2017

Nayu's Craft Time #266 A Stubborn Cat

My adorable kitty! (Yes I'm very biased)
Those of you who follow me on  Twitter know that during the last week my cat has been reluctant to eat her dry food. She has 2 types of biscuits at the moment, one is a high protein variety, both she's happily eaten before. Okay, so she usually has a 3rd type (one with multicoloured biscuits), but even with that she's eaten the rest. 
Multicoloured cat kibble! I use natural coloured food (I think it's natural...it definitely has green bits in).

My family went on holiday last week and Belle decided to stop eating the dry food. I wasn't able to go out and get the 3rd type to create  her perfect mix. I didn't worry that much because she does this from time to time - she hates a change in routine and family being out is a change. This is the cat who picks up a few biscuits in her mouth and purposefully drops them on the floor for fun. Not eating dry food isn't unheard of, just annoying.
This, an empty cat bowl, is what I'd wanted to see over the last few days.
It meant that she kept asking for food, and I'm mean so didn't give in to the mega cute eyes and pleading cries. Some of my family may give in, some definitely won't. I don't because she has eaten the biscuits before, she's just being fussy! 

On Sunday there was a bit of progress, she actually ate some! No empty plate, but it was less full. It only lasted one meal though. 

So this morning my family return...and Belle finally starts eating a few biscuits. Cats! They may not be able to talk (unfortunately), but they know how to protest against things they don't like. I'd love to hear if your pet does something similar. 

I'd planned to post last week, but I wasn't feeling well so took it easy ^o^  Plan on posting around the weekend so long as nothing else crops up! I will be posting about the mocha cupcakes I made yesterday.  See the follow up post A Not Entirely Stubborn Cat for details on whether she ate her food or not after new biscuits were added!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think of my ideas, creation, and ramblings!